After a one-year hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Casco Bay Arena will be hosting Junior Varsity League games again this season with the following teams:
- Cape Elizabeth
- The Kings
- Thornton Academy
Games & Cost
Teams will play a twelve-game regular season and will play each opponent at least once. The regular season will begin on Friday, November 26th and end on Friday, February 12th contingent on MPA season dates for varsity programs. Playoffs will be single-elimination and each team will play 1-3 playoff games.
The top six teams will play for the Casavant Memorial Cup and the bottom six teams will play for the Wakelin Cup. The Championship Games will be played on Friday, February 18th. All games will be held at Casco Bay Arena.
The cost for 12 regular season games and 1-3 playoff games will be $2,200. This fee is for ice only and does not include referee or trainer fees.
Similar to past years, Travis Carignan (email@example.com) has agreed to arrange for trainers. The home team will be billed at $55 per hour and any cancellations must have advance notice at least eight hours prior to game time.
Every week, four games will be scheduled for Friday night, one game will be scheduled for Saturday nigh at 9 pmt, and one game will be scheduled for a weekday night at 9 pm. All teams must commit to playing weeknight games at 9 pm in order to enter the league.
Additional games will be scheduled during Winter Break and on Martin Luther King Day. Each team will have at least one game scheduled for a weeknight and a Saturday night during the season. Playoffs will be held during February vacation.
The available game dates will be posted on the Schedule page no later than November 1st. All teams must adhere to the following schedule:
- November 4th: 6 pm Zoom Meeting. All teams must have a representative participate to go over scheduling and administration issues.
- November 12th: Payment for League fee is due. Failure to pay this fee will result in team being dropped from the league. Teams on the waiting list will fill any open slots.
- November 15th: All teams must submit a list of requested blackout dates for Friday night games and a list of two Saturday nights that they are available to play.
- November 17th: Schedule for first two weeks of the season will be posted to allow schools to schedule transportation, officials and trainers.
- November 23rd: Final schedule will be posted and cannot be altered.
For more information, please contact Tom Marjerison at TMarjerison@nhdlaw.com.
Will Landry presents the Wakelin Cup to his teammates