Casco Bay Arena will be hosting Junior Varsity League games again this season. The League will be limited to 14 teams. The following is a list of confirmed teams:
- Cape Elizabeth
- Windham/Westbrook/Bonny Eagle
- Mt. Ararat/Lisbon
- Thornton Academy
Games & Cost
Teams will play a twelve-game regular season and will only play each opponent once. The regular season will begin on Friday, November 30th and end on Friday, February 14th. Playoffs will be single-elimination and each team will play 1-3 playoff games.
The top seven teams will play for the Casavant Memorial Cup and the bottom seven teams will play for the Wakelin Cup. The top seed for each Cup will receive a bye in the first round. The Championship Games will be played on Friday, February 21st. All games will be held at Casco Bay Arena.
The cost for 12 regular season games and 1-3 playoff games will be $2,000. This fee is for ice only and does not include referee or trainer fees.
Every week, four games will be scheduled for Friday night, one game will be scheduled for Saturday night, and one game will be scheduled for Thursday night. Additional games will be scheduled during Winter Break and on Martin Luther King Day. Each team will have at least one game scheduled for a Thursday night and a Saturday night during the season. Playoffs will be held during February vacation.
The available game dates will be posted on the Schedule page no later than November 1st. All teams must adhere to the following schedule:
- November 6th: 6 pm Meeting at Famiy Ice Center Pond House in Falmouth. All teams must send a representative to go over scheduling and administration issues.
- November 15th: Payment for League fee is due. Failure to pay this fee will result in team being dropped from the league. Teams on the waiting list will fill any open slots.
- November 22nd: All teams must submit a list of requested blackout dates for Friday night games and a list of two Thursday nights and two Saturday nights that they are available to play.
- November 23rd: Final schedule will be posted and cannot be altered.
For more information, please contact Tom Marjerison at TMarjerison@nhdlaw.com.