|#1 Cape Elizabeth||2||0||0||1.000|
|#2 St. Dom’s||1||0||1||.750|
|#5 Cheverus (relegated)||1||1||0||0.500|
|#6 Windham/Westbrook (relegated)||1||3||0||.250|
|#7 Mt. Ararat/Lisbon||2||1||1||.625|
|#8 South Portland/Free/Wayn||1||1||2||.500|
- If a player receives a second 10-minute misconduct penalty in a game, that player shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.
- In addition to any sanction under school or Maine Principals’ Association rules, if any player receives a game misconduct or any penalty after the conclusion of a game, that player shall be suspended for one game and may not return to play until the player meets with his school’s athletic director and is cleared to return to play.
- If the school’s athletic director has met with the player and feels the player should be allowed to participate in future games, the athletic director shall send an email to CascoBayArena@gmail.com confirming that the athletic director has met with the player and agrees that the player should be allowed to resume play.
- Any player who receives a second game misconduct or post-game penalty in a season shall receive a minimum suspension of three games and may not return to play until he meets with his school’s athletic director and is cleared to return to play by the school’s athletic director.
- Any player who receives a third game misconduct or post-game penalty in a season shall be banned from all further participation in the Junior Varsity League.
- The intent of this rule is to avoid cheap, unsportsmanlike behavior from players, and to encourage respect for the best traditions of the game. Coaches have the responsibility for ensuring this rule is followed and we have full confidence that the athletic directors will educate and correct any such behavior from players.
- The Home Team is responsible for providing a score-sheet, game puck, timekeeper, and is responsible for emailing the game sheet and score to CascoBayArena@gmail.com.
- The Visiting Team is responsible for providing a scorekeeper.
- By agreement of the Athletic Directors, the Home Team will provide an athletic trainer for each game. Casco Bay Arena shall not be part of this agreement between the Athletic Directors and does not provide any trainers or medical personnel.
- The Official Game Schedule can be found on our Schedule Page. If there is any inadvertent conflict with the rink calendar, the Schedule Page takes precedence and is the controlling schedule.
- In structuring our league format, we are seeking to ensure equal, competitive games among teams.
- In the Parity Round, teams will play five games so that we can determine the appropriate competitive level and split teams into two divisions based on competitive level.
- For standings purposes, the tie-breaker is in the following order: 1) lowest goals against; 2) best goal differential; 3) highest goals for; and, 4) league’s discretion as to which team played most competitively against the strongest opponents.
- In the Middle Round, the upper five teams will be placed the Casavant Divsion and the lower five teams will be placed in the Wakelin Division. Each team will play their divisional opponents once (four games total).
- In the Championship Round, the top four teams, based solely on their record in Middle Round, will play a three-game play-off for the Andre Casavant Memorial Cup. The Fifth Place team in Casavant Division will be relegated to Wakelin Division. The same tie-breaker rules set forth above apply.
- In the Championship Round, the bottom six teams will play a three-game play-off for the Wakelin Cup.
- To be eligible for the Championship Round, a player (other than a goaltender or Freshman player) must have played in at least 5 games during the Parity or Middle Rounds unless the player was injured and unable to play. Freshmen and goaltenders are eligible to play in the Championship Round regardless of the number of league games they have played. This rule shall be enforced by each team in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- The Casavant Memorial Cup Championship will have the following format:
1st Games: Seed #2 at Seed #1 (Game A) & Seed #4 at Seed #3 (Game B) (these games are non-elimination)
2nd Games: Loser of Game B at Winner of Game A & Loser of Game A at Winner of Game B.
3rd Games: Winners play for Casavant Memorial Cup and Losers play in Consolation Game. Higher seed is the Home Team.
9.The Wakelin Cup Championship will have the following format:
1st Games: Seed #6 at Seed #1 (Game A), Seed #5 at Seed #2 (Game B) & Seed #4 at Seed #3 (Game C).
2nd Games: Highest-seeded losing team at Winner of Game A, Winner of Game C at Winner of Game B & the remaining losing teams play in First Consolation Game.
3rd Games: Winners play for Wakelin Cup and the remaining teams play in the Second and Third Consolation Games.
- In the Championship Round only, if the game is tied after regulation time has expired, there will be an eight-minute, sudden-death period of 3 v 3 hockey (3 skaters and a goalie) with teams defending the far net for the overtime period (ie teams will have a “long change.”). There will not be an ice cleaning between regulation time and the overtime period.
- Similar to National Hockey League rules, if a team incurs a penalty, the format will change to 4 v 3 hockey until a stop in play following expiration of the penalty. A team will never play with less than 3 skaters and a goalie.
- If the game remains tied after the expiration of overtime, teams will proceed to a three-round (three players) shoot-out with the lowest-seed team shooting first, followed by a sudden death shoot-out with each team having an opportunity to shoot in each round. For ease of reference, this is the same format (three rounds followed by sudden-death shootout) used in the National Hockey League.
- Every skater must shoot in the shoot-out before a player may shoot a second-time. Goaltenders may switch during the shoot-out.
- Casco Bay Arena will only be closed due to the most extreme weather conditions. After all, hockey is a winter sport. We will usually be open even if school is cancelled.
- If the coaches for both teams feel that the weather conditions require cancellation, the home team is responsible for rescheduling the game and the costs of rescheduling will be split by the teams. Casco Bay Arena will endeavor to find open ice for make-up games. If the game is not rescheduled, it will be considered a tie for standings purposes. The teams may use that hour of cancelled game ice for any purpose to keep it from being wasted.
- If only one team wishes to cancel a game due to weather or for any other reason, the team cancelling the game shall be responsible for rescheduling the game at its own cost. Casco Bay Arena will endeavor to find open ice for make-up games. If the game is not rescheduled, the non-cancelling team shall be credited with a 1-o win for standings purposes. The non-cancelling team may use that hour of cancelled game ice for any purpose to keep it from being wasted.
- Once the game schedule is set, it will be extremely difficult to make any changes. Teams will be allowed to designate certain dates as “black-out” dates for scheduling purposes prior to setting the schedule. We will do everything possible to honor those requests. There are no ice “give-backs” or refunds once the schedule is set.
- Contacts for each team are listed below:
|Falmouth||James Coffey, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|St. Dominic’s Academy||‘John Yorkey (St. Dominic Academy)’ John.Yorkey@portlanddiocese.org
Jack Rioux, email@example.com
|SoPo/Wayn/Free||Todd Livingston, LivingTo@spsd.org
Eben Adams, EAdams@PierceAtwood.com
|Cape Elizabeth||‘Jeff Thoreck ‘ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cheverus||Gary Hoyt, email@example.com|
|Wind./West.||‘Rich Drummond’ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Port./Deering||‘Melanie Craig’ email@example.com
‘Robert O’Leary’ firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mt. Ararat/Lisbon||Geoffrey Godo email@example.com
AJ Kavanaugh firstname.lastname@example.org
|NYA||‘Jack Hardy’ email@example.com|
|Yarmouth||‘Sue Robbins’ firstname.lastname@example.org|
League Administration: Tom Marjerison, TMarjerison@nhdlaw.com